Monday, March 03, 2008

♥ ; citizenship test & video reflection.

After taking the citizenship test I realized that I did not know enough about our country to pass. If I were an immigrant, I would have been deported. But after reflecting on the whole test, I think that it’s best that immigrants are being put to the test. I agree that if immigrants are trying to migrant to the United States, they should know about the country. Otherwise, they might take their opportunity for granted. I think that its best that these standards put their knowledge to the test.

The video brings up strong points. For example, it says that this country now is far better than it was before. Also, that 8 out of the few that wrote the Constitution were foreign born. It’s says how our country is not one race, we consist of many different cultures. If anything, I think that the video should have exaggerated the voting part. I don’t think people take it seriously.


No comments: