
Scrounge;
Definition; To gather together
Book Sentence; Chen sent most of his pay home, and remembers one week having to scrounge for change in his apartment to buy a dozen eggs and rice, which he lived on for a week.
My Sentence; I had to scrounge up some change to pay for my bus fare.
Remittance;
Definition; The sending of money, checks, etc., to a recipient at a distance.
Book Sentence; He kept many of the remittance receipts; the amounts average $2,000.
My Sentence; Whenever I have to send a money order, I have to save my remittance receipt to show proof.

Definition; To gather together
Book Sentence; Chen sent most of his pay home, and remembers one week having to scrounge for change in his apartment to buy a dozen eggs and rice, which he lived on for a week.
My Sentence; I had to scrounge up some change to pay for my bus fare.
Remittance;
Definition; The sending of money, checks, etc., to a recipient at a distance.
Book Sentence; He kept many of the remittance receipts; the amounts average $2,000.
My Sentence; Whenever I have to send a money order, I have to save my remittance receipt to show proof.

Volition; 
Definition; A choice or decision made by the will.
Book Sentence; Doebler thought she could make a case that Chen, because of his youth, had not come here of his own volition and that once here was in debt bondage, forced to work because of threats to his family..
My Sentence; I am an American citizen by my own volition. [:

Definition; A choice or decision made by the will.
Book Sentence; Doebler thought she could make a case that Chen, because of his youth, had not come here of his own volition and that once here was in debt bondage, forced to work because of threats to his family..
My Sentence; I am an American citizen by my own volition. [:
No comments:
Post a Comment